Embassy of Sweden in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Address, Phone, Website, Open hours,Tourist visa, Study visa, Residence visa

Address:  157, Jalan Mayang Sari, Hampshire Park, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone: +603-2203 0200

Fax: +603-2203 0201

Email: ambassaden.kuala-lumpur@gov.se

Website: http://www.swedenabroad.com/kualalumpur

Operating hours:

Days Timing
Monday 9 am – 12 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 12 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 12 pm
Thursday 9 am – 12 pm
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

About Embassy

Swedish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Swedish, and international citizens in Malaysia. Swedish passport and visa from are issued only to citizens whose main residence is in Sweden and Malaysia.

The process of issuing Swedish Visa and Passport of Sweden can take few weeks.

The Swedish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur supports Malaysia citizens through its consular services, if they:

  • Need general or specific info regarding Swedish economy, culture, sports, education
  • Need information regarding requirements and process of getting Swedish Citizenship
  • Specific contacts and information in Sweden
  • Want to apply and obtain Swedish Visa

Swedish representations in Malaysia

In addition to the Swedish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Sweden also has 2 other representations in Malaysia:

  • Swedish Consulate in Kota Kinabalu
  • Swedish Consulate in Penang

Swedish representations worldwide

Swedish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur represents one of 285 consular and diplomatic representations of Sweden all over the world.

Foreign representations in Malaysia

Swedish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur represents one of 126 foreign consular and diplomatic representations from around the world in Malaysia.

Fees of Sweden visa

Age Fee
Person who is 12 years or older 80 Euros
Child aged 6–11 40 Euros
Child aged 0–5 No fee

Embassy Consular Department and Services

  • Services comprise of visa applications
  • Passport renewals, marriage registration
  • Legalization of documents
  • Birth of a child, Swedish nationality issues

Time period to take visa

 Visit Sweden for less than 90 days during 180 days apply for a visa

Visa period

  • If you are a citizen in a country outside the EU and want to visit Sweden for a maximum of 90 days, you may need to apply for a visa. A visa is only valid for your stay in the Schengen countries for up to 90 days during a period of 180 days.
  • If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and you want to visit Sweden (and the other Schengen countries), you may need to apply for a visa. A visa is a permit to enter a country and stay there for less than 90 days.
  • Whether you need a visa depends on what country you are from or if you have a residence permit in another Schengen country or if you are permanently living in an EU country.
  • If you have a valid residence permit issued by another Schengen country, you do not need to apply for an entry visa to visit Sweden for less than 90 days.

1. Tourist visa

To be eligible for a visitor’s permit, you must

  • Be able to support yourself during the time you will be in Sweden
  • Have a valid passport (the passport must be valid for at least three months after the end date of the visit)
  • Have a return ticket or money to buy a ticket.

Condi­tions for your visit and what you must enclose with your appli­ca­tion

What you must enclose with your application and what terms apply for your visit depend on the reason for your visit. Choose the heading that suits you.

  • Visiting a relative, friend or partner
  • Visiting Sweden as a tourist
  • Business or conference visits
  • Medical treatment
  • Studies or research (exchange doctoral student)
  • Religious purposes (monks, nuns or missionaries)
  • Volunteer, trainee or European Solidarity Corps
  • Extraordinary event

2. Work visa

To apply work permit before apply the visa you can study the embassy website you can get clear idea to apply work permit. To obtain a work permit you must

  • Have an employment contract, signed by both parties (if the employment contract is in a language other than English or Swedish, it must be translated. A copy of the original document must also be attached)
  • Valid passport
  • Agreements of the occupation or industry
  • Salary agreement
  • Need to work to an extent that will result in a salary of at least SEK 13,000 per month before taxes
  • Have an employer who provides insurance covering health, life, employment and pension when you begin to work.

Swedish popu­la­tion register to apply work permit

  • To be registered in the Swedish population register, you need to have the permit for at least one year and stay in Sweden for at least one year.
  • If you will be granted a work permit for a period of time less than one year, you will not be registered in the Swedish population register and will not have rights to social benefits.
  • Important that you have insurance to cover any costs that may arise in the event of illness or an accident.

3. Study visa

In order to study for more than 90 days in Sweden, you must have a residence permit. If you are to study at a university, university college, higher vocational education or folk high school at the post-secondary level in Sweden for a period of time longer than three months, you can apply for a residence permit for higher education. The permit must be issued before you travel to Sweden.

Requirements for the application

  • Residence permit for higher education
  • Valid Passport copies
  • Certificate that you will study in Sweden
  • Insurance documents
  • Sufficient funds for your living expenses to you must be able to support your­self

4. Resi­dence Visa

 If you are a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country and want proof of your permanent right of residence, you should apply for a permanent residence card.

 Requirements of apply perma­nent resi­dence

  • If you lived in at least five years and have had a relationship with the family member who is an EU/EEA citizen
  • Your family member has fulfilled the requirements for residence during that time
  • If the relationship with the EU/EEA citizen ceased after you came to Sweden, you must be able to show that you have retained your right of residence.

List of Embassies in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

What are the best travel agencies in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia?

Top rated hotels near Sweden Embessy within 5km are listed below:

ANEW Hotel Hatfield Pretoria
Menlyn Boutique Hotel
Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Loftus Park
Court Classique Suite Hotel
Hudson House
The Pillows Suite
Waterkloof Mansion Boutique Hotel


By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *